They are perhaps the second most recognizable baseball team in America, some would say first, yet their archrivals the New York Yankees may have a slight edge over them in that department. Born in the last year of the nineteenth century, the Boston Red Sox are a team fraught with a past more colourful than the red “sox” that adorn their uniforms. A past tangled with big names and big secrets, huge wins and hard losses. It was on the hallowed green ground of Fenway Park that an unshakable myth surrounding one of the greatest players to ever pick up a bat, Babe Ruth, was first hatched.The Sox began their career as a team with a string of impressive World Series wins; they took home the honour of this win five times between 1903-1918. Yet like a cracked baseball bat things just didn’t seem to work right for the team after that year, and for the next eighty six consecutive years the team would not see another World Series win.No one wants to watch their team lose, and players start to get antsy if they continue to lose for years, let alone decades. After a while it almost seems natural… Read full this story
- David Ortiz elected to Baseball Hall of Fame: Red Sox legend inducted on first ballot
- Former Red Sox star David Ortiz walking again after 2nd surgery, spokesperson says
- Ex-Red Sox slugger David Ortiz back in Boston after shooting in Dominican Republic
- Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz lone inductee into Baseball Hall of Fame as Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens miss again
- Unlucky 13: Flyers stumble in franchise-worst losing streak
- Gophers Break Losing Streak, Beat Rutgers 68-65
- Will This Be a Hollywood Ending to AMC Stock's 10-Day Losing Streak?
- Kyrie Irving Returns, Helps Brooklyn Nets Snap A 3-Game Losing Streak And Says Goal Is To Compete For An NBA Title
- Nikola Jokic, Nuggets pound Nets to snap three-game losing streak
- McDaniel and her teammates end PH’s losing streak to Thailand
Was There More Than Just Coincidence Behind the Red Sox Losing Streak have 330 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 18, 2005. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.