IntroductionOn 15th August 2006, when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will address the nation from Rampant of Lal Quila, India will be completing its 59 years of Independence and will be entering into “Diamond Jubilee” year of its existence. Let the celebrations continue for centuries and keep the tri-color high. Before I proceed further I like to share with you the Speech of Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru delivered on 15th August 1947…Tryst with Destiny…”Long years ago we made a tryst with destiny, and now the time comes when we shall redeem our pledge, not wholly or in full measure, but very substantially. At the stroke of midnight hour, when the world sleeps, India will awake to life and freedom.A moment comes which comes but rarely in history, when we step out from the old to the new, then an age ends, and when the soul of a nation, long suppressed, finds utterance. It is fitting that at this solemn moment we take the pledge of dedication to India and her people and to the still larger cause of humanity. At the dawn of history India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur… Read full this story
- FCB Ulka announces new C-Suite leadership
- The World Needs to Quit Coal. Why Is It So Hard?
- No-budget African action studio Wakaliwood is ready to take over the mainstream
- Can Planet Earth Feed 10 Billion People?
- FTSE falls 1pc after Covid debt risk warning
- Independent on Sunday's Happy List 2015: The full list of people who make life better for others
- Read Jeff Bezos' final letter to shareholders before stepping down as Amazon CEO
- Golden Trailer Awards Nominations Unspooled; Hybrid Ceremony Set For July 22
- Celebrating exemplary vision!
- A Smattering Of Two Dozen French Wines To Sample This Summer
India at 60...Growing and Shining (Part-I) have 295 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 15, 2006. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.