THE PROBLEM SITUATIONImagine you are the chief operating officer (COO) of a mid-sized corporation, say with 2,000 employees. Your company manufactures commodities like cables for cars. It’s headquartered in Hong Kong, but has factories in two different provinces in China, one in Southern China (Guang Dong) and the other in Northern China near Beijing.As COO, you are responsible for operations, i.e. administration including HR, Finance and Controlling, as well as for Manufacturing. The chief executive officer (CEO) holds functional responsibility for Sales & Marketing and R&D.Both factories in China were previously state-owned enterprises (SOE’s). Factory A in Southern China, acquired by your company three years ago, is highly productive. On the other hand, you keep struggling with Factory B in Northern China near Beijing, which was acquired five years ago.What’s the problem with Factory B? You notice high staff turnover, especially among the executives where in the past six months over 25% of them left. This makes the annualized turnover rate a whopping 50%. Also, there seem to be major difficulties between the Hong Kong managers you delegated to that factory and the local managers.In the past, you had additional difficulties with what you call “a lazy workforce.” You somewhat… Read full this story
- With Calm Consistency, Wings on Brink of Cup
- Are Trump and Xi on the brink of a new Cold War?
- Boris Johnson quits as UK foreign secretary, leaving May's government on brink over Brexit
- Is the National Front on the Brink of Death? Leader Says France's Far-right Party Could Be Gone Within a Month
- Fox Cities people of the year: A paper mill was on the brink of death. Then this happened
- Why Ethiopians believe their new prime minister is a prophet
- Cameroon: Popular Movement Party
- Balkans should build on momentum, focus on reforms
- Merkel settles migration row with Bavarian ally
- Cameroon: Programme-Based Budgeting 2019
Leadership on the Brink have 307 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 14, 2006. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.