Cholesterol is often referred categorized as either being good cholesterol or bad cholesterol. However, have you ever taken the time to find out why cholesterol is described this way and what the actual difference is between the two types?Cholesterol – What is It?Cholesterol is an important component in our body that is found in the blood stream and cells. The body needs cholesterol in order to properly function because it contributes to a wide variety of hormones and helps the body to produce cell membranes.High-density lipoprotein (HDL) or good cholesterol is carried in the blood stream. HDL cholesterol is considered good because it protects our heart from strokes and other cardiovascular diseases. The optimal level of good cholesterol is about 40mg/dL.On the other hand, bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is considered bad because if present in excessive quantities has a tendency to clog in the arteries which increases the chances of heat attacks or other heart related diseases. The optimal level of bad cholesterol is 200mg/dL or less. Higher amounts tend to increase the chance of heart problems.Controlling Bad CholesterolThere are a plethora of cholesterol drugs available and many natural remedies as well. However, it is strongly… Read full this story
- Make Your Own Beer Which Helps In Treating Cancer & Arthritis!
- Novartis to speed access to $10 billion heart drug via NHS deal
- A first: Drug lowers heart risks by curbing inflammation
- Studies saying fat is not that bad are misleading, scientists say
- Does Gasoline Go Bad?
- Gadget Lust: Dream Ice Cream Maker Lets You Churn Out 31,000 Flavors
- 'Vaping for just months almost KILLED me': British schoolboy, 16, who suffered allergic reaction to his e-cigarette fluid was placed on life support after his organs failed
- Peanut Butter: Time to try out this healthy & delicious butter
- A Turbulent Mind
- 12 Side Effects Of Green Tea You Probably Didn't Know
Bad Cholesterol - What Makes It Bad? have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at December 27, 2006. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.