FAVORITES PATRIOTS LAST YEAR: 12-4. Playoffs: Lost AFC Championship Game. INCOMING: Tom Brady can spread the field even more now that he has WRs Randy Moss, Donte’ Stallworth and Wes Welker. Kyle Brady adds a blocking TE to the mix. The versatile Adalius Thomas should be a perfect fit at OLB. Backup RB Sammy Morris moves over from Miami. OUTGOING: RB Corey Dillon, the Pats’ leading rusher last season, retired. WR Reche Caldwell was released. MAIN MAN: Brady is poised for a monster season because of the versatility that surrounds him this year. The Patriots love multiple personnel groupings depending on the defense and the situation. Brady’s head is as valuable as his arm. STRENGTHS: Defensive linemen Richard Seymour (who starts the year on PUP), Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren present matchup problems. If anybody can get Moss to toe the line, it’s Bill Belichick. WEAKNESSES: There is some age at linebacker and concerns safety, now that Rodney Harrison has been suspended four games for hgh. Franchise-tagged CB Asante Samuel missed most of camp holding out. BOTTOM LINE: The Pats didn’t waste time in becoming Super Bowl favorites again. They were only a drive away from returning in ’06 and… Read full this story
- Philadelphia hosts Arizona following overtime win
- No. 18 Baylor beats No. 12 Arizona 63-58 in freebie for fans
- Arizona State knocks off Louisiana 77-65 in return home
- Watch Pittsburgh Steelers Fans Completely Take Over Arizona Cardinals Home Stadium
- Arizona Church Speaks Out Ahead of Expected Melania Trump State Visit: 'Jesus Doesn't Want Kids to Be in Cages'
- Giroux scores twice, Flyers beat Coyotes 5-2
- Arizona wildfires: The life of a 'hotshot' firefighter
- No. 18 Baylor beats No. 12 Arizona 63-58 as fans get free tickets
- No. 18 Baylor deals No. 12 Arizona first loss
- Top 25 basketball roundup: No. 18 Baylor upends No. 12 Arizona
The Road to Arizona have 294 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 5, 2007. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.