Last Thursday Tiger announced on his website and in a telephonic press conference he was returning to play on the PGA Tour this week.The last time he played was 8 months ago when he won the 2008 U.S. Open, on one leg. He’s always had knee trouble his entire career and last year at the Open he played in tremendous pain.After 72 holes and a 19 hole playoff he was triumphant and raised the trophy. Then he went to the DR. and the x-ray showed two stress fractures and he had no ACL.That’s right he played 91 holes of golf with two stress fractures and bone on bone. (What have you done lately?)Anyway he announced his return for tomorrow’s Accenture Match Play World Golf Championship. But today on his website he shocked the world AGAIN. He’s withdrawing from the tournament and retiring from golf. The press release said the following…He’s tired of golf. He was itching to play but because of his mental superiority, work ethic, and supreme talent there is no one on the planet that can compete with him.He went on to say that Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 Major victories was inconsequential and a waste of his… Read full this story
- Sports news feed: Borussia Dortmund's Giovanni Reyna extends contract
- Sports news feed: Medvedev wins ATP Finals in London
- Sports news feed: November 16-22, 2020
- Grammy nomination SNUBS! The Weeknd is left OFF the list as is Selena Gomez with Justin Bieber upset he was not recognized in the R&B category
- Grammy nominations: Beyonce comes out on top with NINE nods... despite not actually releasing an album in 2020f
- Nicki Minaj SLAMS the Grammys for failing to name her Best New Artist in 2012... as she says 'Kiss my ___' in a cheeky Instagram post
Tiger Woods Announces Retirement have 299 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 24, 2009. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.