The rolling countryside and stunning coastlines of Devon have always been a major attraction to visitors, drawing tourists to this beautiful part of the world for an ideal holiday. Devon has so much to offer its visitors, and with the current economic crisis meaning everyone wants their holiday pound to go further, now has never been a better time to choose a holiday in Devon.The global downturn has seen the pound suffer against other major currencies, particularly the Euro and the Dollar. Cheap holidays to the popular Eurozone destinations of Spain and Portugal have been hit by the pound’s poor performance against the Euro, and the plummeting exchange rate against the Dollar means that trips to the US are now over 30% more expensive than they were last year. As a result, holidaymakers are thinking far more about UK destinations and, as ever, Devon is at the top of almost everybody’s wish list.Devon is one of the largest counties in England, covering over 2,500 square miles. Within its boundaries are two of the finest National Parks, hundreds of miles of coastline, numerous attractions and some of the most beautiful countryside in England. With so much to offer visitors, it’s no… Read full this story
- Deliveries to continue over Lunar New Year holiday
- UK holidays: Dartmouth named number one UK coastal destination for summer
- Devon disabled adults 'left to soil themselves'
- Devon care home probe: 22 charged over alleged abuse
- Devon GP surgeries crisis warning by Local Medical Committee
- Devon Doctors allowed 'unacceptable' incidents
- Devon and Cornwall Police officer sacked for sex with abuse survivor
- Devon and Cornwall wildfires could 'devastate wildlife'
- Motorcyclist, 20, dies in four-vehicle crash in Devon
- Devon marines renamed after Bond author's wartime group
Why 2009 Could Be a Boom Year For Holidays in Devon have 279 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 25, 2009. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.