Mark O’Connor is a widely known professional fiddler, prominent in country music and in classical music. A child prodigy, O’Connor began studying guitar at age 6. As a teenager he won national championships on the guitar, mandolin as well as the fiddle. His mentors were Texas fiddler Benny Thomasson and Jazz violinist Stéphane Grappelli. He has recorded solo albums for Rounder, Warner Bros. Records, Sony, and his own CD line OMAC Records. He has won two Grammy awards, one for his New Nashville Cats album and another for his Appalachian Journey album he did with Yo-Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer. He was named Musician of the Year by the Country Music Association six years in a row (from 1991-1996).One of the most sought after Nashville studio musicians in the 1990s, O’Conner’s violin can be heard on countless hits.In his career, O’Connor has crossed musical genres, composing, arranging, and recording folk, classical and jazz music. His Fiddle Concerto has received over 200 performances making it one of the most performed concertos written in the last 50 years. He has composed six violin concertos, string quartets, string trios, choral works, solo unaccompanied works and a new Symphony. He has worked and recorded… Read full this story
- Valve On Portal 2: Spoiler Interview Part One
- PlayStation 5 Will Redefine Game Design, Mark Cerny
- Children of Morta Interview
- Imperator interview
- Inti Creates Interview
- NBA Live 19 Interview — Creative Director Addresses Annual Releases, Microtransactions, and New Features
- Resident Evil 2 Remake interview: “there’s a huge extra level of scariness that wasn’t possible in the original”
- Just Cause 4’s Designers Chat About Red Dead Redemption 2, Giving Players a Ton of Tools, and More [Interview]
- David "Killinallday" Acosta Interview -- Is It the Year of Killinallday?
- Nintendo Working on a "New Kind" of Mario Game
Working With Chet Atkins - An Interview With Mark O'Connor have 296 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 20, 2009. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.