To take the advantages of the new privileges added in the new version of MySQL database, most of us upgrade our MySQL tables to new version. The utility available for upgradation of MySQL tables is known as mysql_upgrade. While upgradation has various advantages, it can also result in complete or partial loss of data from the tables. In such situations, backup enables you to restore the lost data. But, if there is no backup available or it fails to restore the required data, then you need to repair the corrupted table(s). To do so, you need to use advanced MySQL database Repair applications.Consider a practical scenario, where you upgraded your MySQL database from rev 4.0.13 to rev 4.0.14. After the upgradation is complete, you discover that some of your important tables are corrupted. In addition, when you attempt to open those tables, you encounter the below error message:”e-systemusr/local/mysql/bin# ./myisamchk -a /usr/local/mysql/var/centralf/postscobe1.MYImyisamchk: error: 138 when opening MyISAM-table ‘/usr/local/mysql/var/centralf/postscobe1.MYI’e-systemusr/local/mysql/bin#…….”The data saved in the MySQL tables becomes inaccessible after the occurrence of the above error message. Cause:The main cause behind corruption of MySQL tables is improper or interrupted upgradation of MySQL database.Resolution:To repair the corrupted MySQL tables and access their data, you will… Read full this story
- One developer's favorite Mac coding tools for PHP and web development
- This $1,500 Toaster Oven Is Everything That’s Wrong With Silicon Valley Design
- The best iPhone apps (July 2020)
- The best Android apps (July 2020)
- Britain enjoys its first post-lockdown pint: Day-trippers head to parks and beaches on first Sunday of freedom with 82F heat on the way
- Dead End on Silk Road: Internet Crime Kingpin Ross Ulbricht’s Big Fall
- The CDC waited 'its entire existence for this moment.' What went wrong?
- Do You Believe Her Now?
Rectifying Error Message "Unsupported Extension Used For Table" in MySQL Database have 311 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 6, 2009. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.