The Toyota FT-86 Concept is an exciting step forward for the vanilla automaker, blending cues from the past (the Toyota AE86) with hints of ToMoCo future. We dissect the design below to see how they’ve accomplished this delicate feat.
A Legacy In The Front Three-Quarters
Toyota’s Design Evolves In ProfileHofmeister Kink, which goes through quite the metamorphosis before ending up with a look that combines the wild integrated kink of the first sketch and concept with the practical C-pillar on the original coupe and three-door.
A Sexy Swoop In Back
Looking To The Future Up Front
ConclusionAiko Toyoda’s complaint that the company has become distant from its customers.
- What council survey says you thought of concept designs for new leisure centre
- Toyota builds a moon rover … to boldly go where no car company has gone before
- Still ahead of the game: Toyota's all-hybrid new RAV4 compact SUV
- Toyota boss sounds Brexit warning for Derbyshire factory
- Brexit no deal will be terrible, warns Toyota boss
- Car giants Toyota and BMW warn of no-deal Brexit threat
- Rock 'n' Corolla: Can the new stylish Toyota compete with rivals?
- First drive: The Toyota Camry ticks most of the boxes
- Camry time: Toyota goes head to head with the Mondeo after ditching the Avensis
- New look for Toyota Corolla's return