FOX Sports DetroitDetroit — Most of the Tigers were gathered on the couches in the clubhouse watching the big-screen TV. They watched what should have been the final out of Armando Galarraga’s perfect game over and over, alternately yelling or shaking their heads or just sitting in stunned silence.It was like that for the 17,738 fans in attendance at Comerica Park Wednesday night, the media, the vendors and even the Cleveland Indians players.There were two outs in the ninth when Jason Donald hit a ground ball that first baseman Miguel Cabrera fielded and threw to Galarraga, who was covering the bag.First base umpire Jim Joyce spread his arms out, signaling Donald was safe. Donald lifted his hands to his head in disbelief, much the same reaction as Cabrera and general manager Dave Dombrowski in his box.But in baseball, those plays are not reviewable. Joyce probably wishes they were.“It was the biggest call of my career and I kicked the (crap) out of it,” a distraught Joyce told the Associated Press after the game. “I just cost that kid a perfect game after he pitched his (butt) off all night.”Galarraga, who had never so much as pitched a complete game or… Read full this story
- ‘Don’t Think I’ve Ever Been This Happy Before’: Lodi Celebrates First Ever Pride Festival
- ‘Not something I’m proud of’: Gutted Roger Federer makes sad admission
- I’m 27 and I’ve never been kissed let alone slept with someone, I know people think I’m weird but I’ve never come close
- How We Feel About Bella Poarch Says Everything About Us, As We Still Don’t Know Much About Her
- I’m addicted to sunbeds & use mine 20mins a day so I’m always tanned – people accuse me of blackfishing but I don’t care
- Pelicans Coach Stan Van Gundy Out After 1 Season At Helm
- I’m 28 & am dating a 76-year-old, strangers mistake me for his CARER & he’s the same age as my gran
- I’m a Physicist Who Searches for Aliens. U.F.O.s Don’t Impress Me.
- Pinty interview: South London MC on tackling life and loss on honest EP Tomorrow’s Where I’m At
- Swizz Beatz on DMX’s Posthumous Album: ‘I’m Crushed, I’m Destroyed, I’m Hurt. But I Had to Pull This Through for Him’
Galarraga: ‘I’m happy. I’m sad. I don’t know.’ have 390 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 2, 2010. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.