If you think juggling some 110 different release versions of Avatar alone would set your distribution partners at Twentieth Century Fox reeling, think again (and check out the sidebar below). While moving cans, cartons and hard drives is still very much part of the theatrical distribution equation, much of the heavy lifting can now be done without actually lifting anything. Except an eyebrow, perhaps, at the wonder, speed and efficiency of it all. With fully managed delivery via satellite, DSL and fiber-optics, Paris, France-headquartered SmartJog offers “reduced transportation costs” and “simplified logistics” that avoid use of said cans and other physical media such as drives, DVDs and USB keys. “SmartJog facilitates the secure storage, digital asset management and digital delivery of trailers and feature films,” according to the company’s d-cinema offer. In essence, DCPs (Digital Cinema Packages) “are sent from post houses and distributors to theatres where SmartJog’s library server receives and stores all digital-cinema content.”In June, SmartJog so delivered the 100th film to theatres in its pan-European network. The A-Team landing at 45 locations in France, later on followed by three more theatres in Belgium and Spain, marked Fox’s sixth title with the provider. At the same time, SmartJog… Read full this story
- Streaming Music Services, From Most Screwed to Least Screwed
- North American World Cup Bid Projects $11 Billion Profit for FIFA
- The Latest: US Open roof makes its world premiere
- Two northern hemisphere teams will contest the 2019 World Cup semi-finals
- In-state basketball star has emerged as Top 100 national recruit. Will UK or Louisville offer?
- 2017 NFL Draft: Pittsburgh Steelers’ Late-Season 7-Round Mock Draft
- WORLD CUP: Nizhny Novgorod a city of cafes with own kremlin
- Mailbag: Analyzing Sharapova’s denied wildcard entry, Federer’s absence at French Open
- Appreciating the retired single-digit numbers of the New York Yankees
- 50 parting thoughts from the 2017 French Open
Round-the-world Jog: French service provider offers smart digital delivery have 299 words, post on www.filmjournal.com at August 10, 2010. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.