Chrome browser, Gmail’s offline “app” is pretty powerful, but more importantly, it’s automatic. You install a “Google Mail Offline” app in Chrome, then launch it once to give it permission to start storing your mail offline. Without tweaking any settings or nitpicking labels, the app simply starts running backward in time, letting you know the date to which you can reach back when you’re offline. You can write and reply to emails for later sending, archive and label messages, and generally work your inbox how you normally would, just without new messages (and that can be really nice). You can also keep multiple accounts offline, simply by signing into them as you normally would, then launching the offline app. advertisement With that app installed in Chrome, Google Calendar and Docs can also get some offline powers. Head to your Google Docs or Calendar app, click the gear-like icon in the upper-right corner, and choose the “Offline” option for each. At the moment, these offline tools are much more restricted than Gmail: You can’t create new documents or appointments, the Calendar archive only goes back to June 2010, and the Docs list doesn’t include presentations or PDFs you may have uploaded…. Read full this story
- Intel debuts Xe-based server GPU with focus on Android cloud gaming
- Best Cheap Cloud Storage Solutions in 2021
- Which video game cloud service won 2020’s streaming war?
- Model, 24, transforms her bedside table into a trendy 'cloud' design - but concerned fans notice one 'deadly' detail in her video
- NASA shares pic of distant, lonely neutron star spotted outside Milky Way. Seen it yet?
- 'Being slim doesn't equal happiness': Love Island's Alexandra Cane reveals she dipped to a 'dangerously low' weight last summer while 'hurting herself' with dieting and working out
- Bleary-eyed Daisy Lowe cuts a dishevelled figure in her eye-popping gown as she leaves the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition party
- How does the Oxford vaccine work? When will it be rolled out? And how many Britons will now be able to get the jab every day? All the answers to your questions as Matt Hancock says 'can get out of this by spring'
- When will Kate Middleton and Prince William go back to work? Couple are investigating ways to resume in-person duties but there is NO fixed date for their return - despite other European royals getting out and about
- Daisy Lowe shows off her cleavage as she leads the glamour alongside Katherine Jenkins and Arizona Muse at Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
Low-Hassle Ways To Cloud-ify Your Work have 413 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at September 13, 2011. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.