Good news for you empty-handed Raspberry Pi fans, shipments will soon commence next week.The budget mini-computer, designed to spark programming interest in schoolchildren, is reaching the hearts of many developers and hobbyists. Braben’s credit card-sized computer comes in 2 versions: one priced at $25, and one at $35. Excitement about the product caused the websites of two distributors – Premier Farnell and RS Components – to crash due to a fervor of 700 orders per second.While there has been a number of disheartening shipment setbacks attributed to sourcing Raspberry Pi supplies, but that’s all changing. UK distributor RS Components has announced that it has received it’s first Raspberry Pi shipment and is working on orders. Apparently RS is working down the waiting line, sending out invitations for customers to place Raspberry Pi orders in the order of when they registered interest on the RS website. Orders are restricted to one board per customer, and only until all customers are served will multiple quantities be allowed.“We are delighted to have the first batch of fully compliant products in our warehouse,” said Glenn Jarrett, Head of Electronics Marketing at RS. “There has been a great deal of anticipation for Raspberry Pi since… Read full this story
- Raspberry Pi’s New Compute Module 3+ is 10x Faster, Just as Cheap
- Raspberry Pi’s New Compute Module 3+ is 10x Faster, Still Just as Cheap
- Enthusiasts Plan Open-Source Raspberry Pi Tablet for 2019
- I Ran Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi So You Don't Have To
- Raspberry Pi Opens Its First Retail Store
- PegLeg Implants Raspberry Pi Zero W's in Humans
- How to install RetroPie on Raspberry Pi in 2019
- Raspberry Pi 4 Projects Get Mobilized With the Pi-Top 4 PC
- How to Install Linux Disribution Devuan on a Raspberry Pi 3
- The Raspberry Pi 4 is Here — And It’s a BEAST!
Despite past setbacks, Raspberry Pi computers coming to customers next week have 305 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 13, 2012. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.