A derby that began with an outpouring of goodwill ended in despair for Liverpool as Robin van Persie’s penalty gave Manchester United a fortunate 2-1 win before Premier League champions Manchester City drew 1-1 with Arsenal on Sunday. A poignant day at Anfield started with both sets of fans behaving impeccably during a tribute to the 96 supporters killed in the Hillsborough tragedy but Liverpool’s gloomy season continued when Van Persie rammed home a late spot-kick after Glen Johnson had brought down Antonio Valencia. (more…)
- Man City squad holds crisis meeting as stuttering league form continues
- PICS: Tottenham sink Man City; Burnley hold Arsenal
- Can Guardiola salvage Man City’s season?
- Cushing signs off with Man City win before move to New York
- Man City captain Steph Houghton is an inspiration for new boss Alan Mahon as he prepares for first WSL game
- 5pm Man Utd news LIVE: Saudi takeover LATEST, Lingard Roma interest, King valued at £30m, Ighalo ‘not ready for a month’
- Premier League Wrap: Salah hits winner as Klopp's men sink Spurs; United secure comfortable win over Norwich
- 11pm Man Utd news LIVE: Saudi takeover LATEST, Lingard to Atletico, King for £30m, Ighalo ‘not fit for a MONTH’
- Liverpool, champions of freestyle
- Toxteth, 1981: the summer Liverpool burned – by the rioter and economist on opposite sides
Van Persie sinks unlucky Liverpool, Man City held have 216 words, post on at September 24, 2012. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.