Ha-Neul Kim saw friend Inbee Park after the world’s top-ranked player took the lead in the morning session at the U.S. Women’s Open. Kim, with an afternoon tee time playing the major for the first time, wondered, ”Wow, how did she shoot that score?” Then Kim went out Thursday and shot one stroke better, finishing with a bogey-free, 6-under 66 to take the first-round lead at Sebonack. Park is trying to make history by winning the first three majors of the year. For a day at least, she was upstaged by a much less-heralded fellow South Korean. ”I’m enjoying myself,” Kim said through a translator. ”I’m just happy to be here and to be playing in this big event. I’m not really thinking about winning or results but enjoying the moment.” Currently a member of the KLPGA Tour, Kim is a seven-time winner in South Korea. She kept giving herself short birdie putts Thursday and making them. Kim birdied her second-to-last hole with daylight waning to claim the lead after Park held it for most of the day with her 67 in the morning session. No player has won the first three majors in a season with at least four… Read full this story
- Korean heart-throb Kang Ha-neul revealed as the face of KAYAK in Asia
- John Cho, Rebecca Hall, and Daniel Dae Kim Lead the 'Mirai' English Voice Cast
- Kim Kardashian bravely opens up on terrifying Paris robbery
- Bridge to Kim Cuong Island opens to traffic
- Kim Kardashian candidly opens up on painful skin condition
- 'Susi Ganesan has no respect for women. I was mentally fatigued while working with him'
- Panel Rips Into Obama’s ‘Baffling’ Syria Push: ‘He Has Got to Lead’
- Marvel Has Confirmed Its First Major Openly LGBTQ Character
- Kim Kardashian angers fans AGAIN as she uses weight-loss lollipops advert to plug her lipstick range
- Coleen Nolan breaks down in tears on This Morning over Kim Woodburn row as she reveals she taking a break from Loose Women
Ha-Neul Kim leads US Women’s Open have 328 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 26, 2013. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.