Has BlackBerry finally reached the point of no return?Last week, news spilled out that Waterloo, Ont.-based BlackBerry is up for sale. Meanwhile, IDC reported recently that BlackBerry sales are down 12 percent since last year, while the new line of BlackBerry 10 smartphones has fallen flat. Exclusive: RIM CEO on What Went Wrong and the Future of BlackBerryFor large companies, though, this popular platform has a lingering presence. Many companies still use BlackBerry Enterprise Server—in fact, according to BlackBerry, 90 percent of all Fortune 500 companies are still BES customers. This includes a wide array of industries, from Vivent (a home security company) to the U.S. National Weather Service to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), as well as 1 million government and defense customers.Since the launch of BES10 in January, there have been more 19,000 installs worldwide, and 60 percent of Fortune 500 companies have tested the mobility management product. This past June, the company parlayed this widespread adoption: BES10 now works with Android and iOS devices.Analysis: 10 Things BlackBerry Z10 Does That iPhone Can’tCommentary: Why a BlackBerry Is Better Than an iPhoneAt the same time, there’s something in the air. Market share has shifted to the iPhone… Read full this story
- Famous families at war: Has Meghan Markle ditched Grandad?
- Should we ditch cars to battle climate change?
- Climate change: Should we ditch our cars to save the planet?
- Report Wrightbus in last ditch talks to prevent collapse
- Smurfit's GAN ditches sales process and eyes expansion
- Declan Bogue: The rough guide to Cavan and Ulster final day
- Boeing crash payouts linked to victims' final minutes
- Salah gives two reasons UCL win was so special
- 13 Reasons Why suicide scene is cut
- 15 reasons we can win World Cup this time
5 Reasons You Can Finally Ditch BlackBerry have 286 words, post on www.networkworld.com at August 20, 2013. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.