MINNEAPOLIS — How simple it seems on its glass-covered surface.Community constructs state-of-the-art stadium. Said stadium is fully able to house high-profile soccer matches. Highest level of American professional soccer comes to play in stadium.Oh, if only it were that easy.While plans for the new Vikings stadium do indeed provide a viable pitch, an overabundance of fan seating and elite-level facilities and amenities, the web of challenges associated with bringing Major League Soccer to Minneapolis has grown more vast — and sticky — than ever.“About as complicated as a ‘Game of Thrones,’” one aficionado characterized it.Catch a U.S. National Team World Cup qualifier at the Sweetwater Bar and Grille in St. Paul with the local American Outlaws support group chapter, and you’ll likely hear it put in more direct terms: a cluster-you-know-what.But the construction of the stadium, slated to begin in October, along with the current sports landscape in a busy metropolitan area lend to a dizzying array of moving parts in a passionate and complicated conversation.The architectural renderings and legislation for the Metrodome’s replacement were specifically crafted to include the possibility of a full-time, professional soccer tenant setting up shop there. According to Vikings corporate communications director Jeff Anderson, the… Read full this story
- Octogenarian Team Takes To Yankees Stadium Field For Trip Of Lifetime
- Chemistry class: New managers test for right mix amid virus
- Harvard grad and new VBA star aims to inspire on and off the court
- Football Focus: MLS players raise fists, take a knee
- The Washington Football Team Finally Changed Its Name. Who’s Next?
- The Washington Football Team Is Finally Changing Its Name. Who’s Next?
- FMIA: Tour Of Vikings Complex Gives Insight Into NFL’s New Normal In ’20
- A new league and another new dawn for US women's soccer
- Rapids slowly advancing toward return to play as MLS considers options
- MLB releases 2021 schedule; all 30 teams to open on April 1
MLS team is a possibility in Vikings new stadium, if stars align right have 316 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 1, 2013. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.