VietNamNet Bridge – ADSL has become too old after 10 years of existing. Experts believe that it would be replaced by the latest technologies such as cable-TV Internet, 3G mobile broadband of FTTH (fiber to the home). ADSL first turned up in Vietnam in 2003, which was followed by a hot development period with the 100 percent year-on-year growth rate. However, the growth rate has not been satisfactory in recent two years, which shows the signs of a regression period. Meanwhile, the latest technologies have shown their outstanding advantages over ADSL. 3G mobile broadband technology, for example, has outstanding features in terms of the coverage and investment rate if compared with ADSL. The investment rate for a broadband mobile subscriber is about $50 only, while the rate is $150-200 for an ADSL subscriber. With such a high investment rate, telecom groups, except VNPT, would not have adequate capital and strong infrastructure enough to obtain the large coverage throughout the country. Meanwhile, with 3G or the cable TV transmission network, it would be cheaper and easier to obtain the nationwide coverage. In the past, with the advantage of high-speed bandwidth, the ADSL technology drove the dial-up technology to death. And now,…
- The best live TV streaming services: Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and more
- What is an Amazon Fire TV Stick?
- Apple TV 2020: Here’s everything we want from Apple’s next streamer
- 6 streaming device deals you can’t miss this Prime Day
- TV Baftas 2020 winners: List of stars awarded gongs at last night’s virtual ceremony
- Why NBC Shouldn’t Worry About the Winter Olympics TV Ratings
- Election Ratings Night 2: CNN Tops With Second Most-Watched Day In Network’s History; Fox News Leads Overall
- SC stays Sudarshan TV show, says it vilifies Muslims
- CBS Adds ‘Star Trek: Discovery’, ‘One Day At A Time’ & ‘Manhunt: Deadly Games’ To Fall Schedule As Net Eyes November Launch For Scripted Originals
- Apocalyptic forecast of 4,000 coronavirus deaths a day could be FIVE TIMES too high and had already been proved wrong when government revealed it at weekend
ADSL had its day, cable TV-based Internet on the rise have 330 words, post on at December 14, 2013. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.