Amazon Thursday said it would give $20 gift cards and pay shipping costs for customers affected by problems at UPS and FedEx that delayed some Christmas package deliveries. Some customers took to Twitter to voice their displeasure, likening one or both delivery giants to the “Grinch who stole Christmas.” Amazon pointed the finger squarely at the delivery companies. The online retail giant did not give estimates for the number of affected shoppers. “Amazon fulfillment centers processed and tendered customer orders to delivery carriers on time for holiday delivery,” said Amazon spokeswoman Mary Osako. “We are reviewing the performance of the delivery carriers.” Walmart also will provide gift cards to customers who did not receive packages by the promised deadline, the New York Times reported. Walmart did not immediately respond to requests for comment. UPS spokeswoman Natalie Black said the problems stemmed from a “perfect storm” caused by an unexpected jump in Christmas shopping the last two weeks, a compressed holiday shopping season in 2013 due to the late date of Thanksgiving and some severe weather that halted some deliveries. “The result is that some packages that were set to be delivered on Christmas Eve were delayed,” Black said. A FedEx… Read full this story
- Jeff Bezos thanks Amazon workers, customers after space trip: "You guys paid for all this"
- 18 best gifts for teachers - including virtual gift ideas your teachers will love
- How Amazon Steers Shoppers to Its Own Products
- Amazon Pay Later Reaches 2 Million Customer Sign-Ups Since Launch in India
- Amazon has asked social media companies to help it get rid of fake reviews– but it won’t say WHICH
- Amazon Angles to Grab Back Customers
- Missed out on the Amazon PS5 restock today? Another 'huge' stock drop could happen soon
- Read Jeff Bezos' final letter to shareholders before stepping down as Amazon CEO
- 21 Teachers Gifts That Deserve an A for Thoughtfulness - E! Online
- What Our Editors Will Be Gifting, Last Minute Edition
Amazon to compensate customers for late gifts have 316 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 27, 2013. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.