Earlier this week, Microsoft detailed their Xbox Originals TV service, an Xbox-exclusive video service set to offer original video programming for Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners. The company is pitching new programs across the board: sports, music and even two projects based around their pride-and-joy franchise, Halo. It’s a big deal, especially with competition from not only other services like Netflix and Hulu, but their gaming rival Sony and their PlayStation 4. The listings are set and the visions are out, but it’s clear that Microsoft is taking a big gamble with Xbox Originals TV, a gamble where the risk is high and the plan is far too unstructured. This is not something Microsoft should be doing right now.With the success of streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, console owners were not only able to download their favorite new games to their system of choice, but also binge watch their favorite TV shows and movies from the comfort of their own home. My PS3 and Wii U became the go-to systems for me when I wanted to check out an episode of Sword Art Online or Mystery Science Theater 3000 on Netflix, and I wasn’t the only one. In… Read full this story
- BT Sport app launches on Apple TV, Samsung TVs and Xbox
- Two original EastEnders characters 'to return to Albert Square after 30 years'
- EastEnders buries one original character and welcomes back two after 31 years
- David and Shona at risk from dangerous mystery threat on Corrie
- The free Xbox One and Xbox 360 Games with Gold for February 2019
- Xbox One X News: Shock Microsoft and PS4 updates for Apex Legends, Anthem, The Division 2
- The free Xbox One and Xbox 360 Games with Gold for January 2019
- Xbox Games With Gold January 2019 – Xbox One and 360 titles for download this month
- The Surge 2 review on PS4, Xbox One and PC: Prepare to fry - but should you buy?
- Scrapping free TV licences ‘could push Northern Ireland pensioners into poverty’
Xbox Originals TV Is a Risk Microsoft Can’t Afford to Take have 322 words, post on www.hardcoregamer.com at April 29, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.