NEW YORK (AP) LeBron James understands it will take time, but he wants Donald Sterling out of the NBA.And he said Sunday that players believe nobody in Sterling’s family should be able to own the Los Angeles Clippers if he’s gone.Sterling has been banned for life for making racist comments and Commissioner Adam Silver has urged owners to force Sterling to sell the franchise. While Silver has said no decisions had been made about the rest of Sterling’s family, NBA spokesman Mike Bass released a statement Sunday night clarifying the league’s authority in the matter.”Under the NBA constitution, if a controlling owner’s interest is terminated by a three-quarter vote, all other team owners’ interests are automatically terminated as well,” Bass said. ”It doesn’t matter whether the owners are related as is the case here. These are the rules to which all NBA owners agreed to as a condition of owning their team.”Shelly Sterling, Sterling’s estranged wife, said she intends to keep her 50 percent of the franchise.”As players, we want what’s right and we don’t feel like no one in his family should be able to own the team,” James said after the Miami Heat practiced for Game 4 of… Read full this story
- The conservative backlash against LeBron James has nothing to do with human rights
- GMs pick Clippers as champions, Giannis as MVP
- How the Clippers will unleash their new superstar duo
- Inside LeBron James' and Adam Silver's make-or-break moments in China
- REVEALED: Lebron James 'grilled NBA boss Adam Silver during closed-door meeting on possible punishments for Rockets GM over Hong Kong tweet' - and now the Lakers star is being accused by Ted Cruz of 'embracing Chinese government propaganda'
- LeBron James, One Day After Tossing Daryl Morey Under A Bus: "I Won't Talk About It Again"
- ‘South Park’ Skewers LeBron James over China Controversy
- James Neal’s 4-goal night scores Edmonton woman $100K
- Brendan Rodgers defends James Maddison over casino controversy
- LeBron James responds to Fox host's controversial 'shut up and dribble' comment
James: Players want no Sterlings to own Clippers have 340 words, post on www.foxsports.com at May 11, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.