MLS will soon join the rest of the world by halting play and shifting its attention to the World Cup for a fortnight. The break can’t arrive soon enough.Clubs around the league are stretched beyond the point of comfort. It isn’t just one or two players drifting off to Brazil to feature on the grand stage. It isn’t even a handful of them. Scores of players are coping with injuries or tending to international commitments.The wreckage left behind leaves teams scrambling to manage their squads and patch together lineups to fulfill fixtures. The situation offers reserves an opportunity to stake their claims for more playing time, but it also places pressure on teams to churn out results – and these matches still matter a great deal – with something less than an ideal squad.Most teams are struggling to establish any sort of balance or rhythm amid the chaos. Houston can’t find 18 players to fill out its matchday squad. Sporting Kansas City could have held open tryouts to plug the gaping hole in central defense. New York lost Dax McCarty to a knee injury this week after waving goodbye to Tim Cahill and Roy Miller for World Cup duty. Chicago,… Read full this story
- FIFA looks to expand Women’s World Cup from 24 to 32 teams
- FIFA: Decisions on U20 and U17 Women's World Cup dates expected soon
- World Cup 2010: South Africa v Mexico - as it happened
- Michael Cheika hints at 'horses-for-courses' selection policy at Rugby World Cup
- ICC World Cup 2019: Pakistan out of semi-final race, New Zealand become last team to qualify
- KL Rahul raises Rs 8 lakh by auctioning his World Cup bat and cricket gears to help vulnerable children
- Joe Biden Says He Would Pull World Cup Funding From US Soccer if Women Are Denied 'Equal Pay'
- Rugby World Cup 2015: Pool B will be South Africa’s but expect bruises
- 'Make Most of The Opportunities': Morgan On Limited Chances To Prepare Before T20 World Cup
- World Cup 2010 live blog: 11 June
Tip Sheet: World Cup break cannot arrive soon enough for tattered teams have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 6, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.