MADISON, Wis. — Traevon Jackson never has been a player that lacked for confidence. If that were the case, he wouldn’t have survived the scathing criticism that comes his way for playing point guard at a Big Ten power like Wisconsin.Jackson has felt that cynicism from fans for two years now as the Badgers’ primary ball handler, sometimes even at home games. But as he prepares for his senior season, this much is sure: He is ready for anything that may come.”That comes with confidence,” Jackson said Tuesday during Wisconsin’s annual basketball media day. “Just trusting in the Lord and not worrying about outside things. If I just handle what is in front of me, then I’m OK with that. I can do what I can to help our team out, and the rest will take care of itself.”Jackson’s spirituality has guided him in trying moments, both on and off the court, during his college career. In some respects, it has helped him be more willing to take last-second shots for a team on the big stage — and live with the consequences if those attempts fail.Take, for example, the national semifinal game in April against Kentucky, when Jackson’s last-second… Read full this story
- Joan Lunden, former 'GMA' host, talks about her battle with breast cancer
- Trump loses a key court battle but wins a round in tax return fight
- Special Report: The political battle behind the dismantling of a worker safety rule
- Maharashtra crisis: Here is what the SC has said about floor tests in the past
- Uddhav Thackeray-led Maha Vikas Aghadi Govt Sails Through Floor Test in Maharashtra after BJP MLAs Skip Voting
- He Became Mayor At Just 22. Now He’s Running To Take Down A 70-Year-Old House Democrat.
- Column One: She was a test case for resettling detainees of Japanese descent — and unaware of the risk
- Maria Sharapova on failing that drug test: ‘I felt trapped, tricked’
- High school football: Lincoln faces stiff test in Balboa
- Thackeray-led MVA govt passes floor test; BJP MLAs skip voting
Badgers’ Traevon Jackson battle-tested, stronger heading into senior year have 339 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 21, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.