It’s another arrow in Jeff Lemire’s quiver. One of the biggest announcements of last weekend’s New York Comic Con was Marvel’s bombshell that the popular scribe behind rival DC Comics’ “Green Arrow” series would be writing a new “Hawkeye” series kicking off in March. “I have no fondness for archers per se,” Lemire tells the Daily News. “It’s just kind of a coincidence that I was coming off that book and this book was offered.” It’s natural to use Lemire’s signing as an excuse to compare the rival publishers’ bow-wielding heroes — particularly since Hawkeye and Green Arrow are more popular than ever. Marvel’s archer is being played again on the big screen by Jeremy Renner in the upcoming “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” while heartthrob Stephen Amell fights for justice on CW’s “Arrow.” But Lemire finds lumping them together is giving two great characters the shaft. “‘Hawkeye’ is much more intimate than any of the superhero works I’ve done before,” says Lemire, who has tough boots to fill taking over after writer Matt Fraction’s popular run. “My ‘Green Arrow’ stories revolved around noir and international (espionage).” The Canadian author bills his “Hawkeye” run as “a small character study of a… Read full this story
- Green Arrow and the Canaries Will Take Place in the Future
- DC's Tom Taylor Talks Biggest Moments, Revelations, and More From DCeased Finale
- Who will the Avengers in Marvel’s new game be? Answer: not who you might think
- The Weekly Pull: Loki, The Question, He-Man, and More
- The Mighty Thor
- How Another
- The 1966
- Katherine McNamara Found Herself "Fangirling" While Shooting "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
- What Business Is Wayne Enterprises Actually In?
- Beetlejuice 2
Jeff Lemire to write Marvel's new 'Hawkeye' series after finishing DC's 'Green Arrow' have 281 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 15, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.