We told you it was coming and now it’s almost here. In December, Mozilla will switch the default search provider in Firefox from Google to Yahoo in the U.S. When that happens any American Firefox user who relies on the default settings for search will suddenly see Yahoo replace Google, a Mozilla representative recently told Computerworld.Why this matters: The switch from Google to Yahoo is a big deal for Mozilla. A large chunk of the Firefox maker’s funding comes from its search deal, and for years this has meant Mozilla was dependent on one of its biggest browser competitors—Google. For Mozilla the move away from Google makes a lot of sense, but for many users who it probably won’t. A good number of Firefox fans likely haven’t switched their default search provider in Firefox for two reasons: they like Google and most of us rarely mess with default settings anyway. So what do you do when you’re happy with Firefox’s current defaults, but aren’t so pleased about the upcoming ones?I’m glad you asked.If you’re a die-hard Google fan, keeping Google as the default in Firefox is fairly simple. Mozilla told Computerworld that only users who haven’t changed their defaults will… Read full this story
- Martin Lewis reveals whether it’s cheaper to switch heating off or leave it running as the colder weather closes in
- Martin Lewis reveals whether it’s cheaper to switch heating on and off or to leave it running
- You’ll be able to switch mobile phone providers by sending a free text – but not until July 2019
- Prison sentence for prolific Sheffield shoplifter who armed himself with switch blade
- Texas church gunman shot crying babies at point-blank range as he prowled every aisle searching for victims
- Sexting, grooming, bullying and porn: How to protect children if they get a mobile phone for Christmas
- How to slash your car repair bills by making the top 10 most common parts last longer
- What happened during the Westminster terror attack, how many victims were there and how has it affected Parliament security?
- Here's what a blockchain-based internet would look like
- Webcams, TVs and even your phone’s SCREEN: How to spot if your devices are being hacked… and the best ways to stop it
How to Prevent Firefox From Automatically Switching You to Yahoo Search have 382 words, post on www.cio.com at December 1, 2014. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.