There’s something about marrying on a weekday. Actress Cameron Diaz tied the knot with beau Benji Madden in an intimate ceremony Monday night, making their small-scale wedding anything but ordinary by bucking the weekend wedding tradition. Saturday is hands-down the most popular day to wed, Jamie Miles, the editor of wedding site TheKnot.com, told the Daily News. “Most couples are interested in a weekend wedding. It’s easier for your guests and more popular.” Only about 1% of brides get married on a Monday, she said. There are perks for getting hitched during the week. “You’re competing with fewer people for venues,” and save up to 20% on costs, Miles added — though neither were of particular concern to Diaz, 42, who held her nuptials at her Los Angeles home. Not that cost was a concern to the Hollywood A-lister — but privacy was. “People are dying to get their hands on these wedding photos, and having their ceremony at home makes it less likely for photographers to get their hands on them without approval,” Miles said, noting that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie chose to get married on their private estate to avoid prying eyes. According to People, Diaz and… Read full this story
- Cameron Diaz looks effortlessly stylish in a cream jumper and distressed jeans as she goes furniture shopping
- 'Who's Chasing You?': My Best Friend's Wedding at 20
- Married At First Sight EXCLUSIVE: Jules Robinson and Cam Merchant 'ask for thousands of dollars of free services for their wedding' - leaving one Sydney business owner furious
- Gwyneth Paltrow Married the Fiancé of Gwyneth Paltrow
- This Week In Headlines: Celebrity Body Language Experts Claim Jennifer Lopez Staged Her Engagement?
- Woman ended up marrying convicted killer after answering a newspaper advert
- 'I wasn't shocked to see her dropped': Married At First Sight's Jessika Power backs 'honest and genuine' Melissa Lucarelli as she slams 'calculated' Jules Robinson for abruptly cutting Mel out of her wedding party
- 'Everything she does is calculated': MAFS' Jessika Power exposes Jules Robinson in a blistering Instagram post... after she dumped Melissa Lucarelli as a bridesmaid and asked a business for wedding day 'freebies'
- This Week In Tabloids: MTV Is Reviving Celebrity Deathmatch Just in Time for Lady Gaga & Jennifer Aniston's Cover Showdown!
- Claire Danes keeps it classy in black coat with textured jumpsuit as she enjoys a rare parents' night out on the red carpet with husband Hugh Dancy
Cameron Diaz gets married on a Monday: Experts weigh in on weekday weddings have 397 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at January 6, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.