The Super Bowl hospitality folks may have made it easy to stick close to the University of Phoenix’s Glendale stadium – where the game is to be held – and its entertainment district, with food and beer concessions. But to get to know the greater Phoenix area, you’ve got to tear yourself away and explore its neighbourhoods. I know what you’re thinking: “Wait, it’s a desert out there!” But the Valley of the Sun’s cultural dry spell is over, and a boozy loop through these bars will convince you that the desert can be cool. PHOENIX Jade Bar Can a bar be Zen? Ponder this as you take in mountain views through floor-to-ceiling windows or from the secluded patio. You’ll find this slice of serenity at Sanctuary on Camelback, one of the world-class spas for which the valley is justifiably famous. The spa’s Jade Bar has great desert views and a 4pm-6pm happy hour called The Pour, when late-afternoon sunshine bathes the desert in coppers, pinks, and purples. Drinks at Jade Bar are in keeping with the spa setting: fruity and herbaceous “muddles” (alcoholic or not) are a speciality, and the bartenders host mixology sessions on Sundays, or by appointment…. Read full this story
- Sin City Super Bowl
- Seven Tips for the 2007 Miami Super Bowl: Hotel Rooms, Attire, Security, Transportation, and FUN
- Writing the Perfect Super Bowl Ad - No Real Writing Skills Required?
- Miami's Lesson - Let the Super Bowl Be Played Anywhere
- 10 Easy Tips to Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday (Even If You're a Girl)
- Meet a Man on Super Bowl Sunday
- Not The Usual Super Bowl Theme Party - Celebrate Backwards Day Instead
- Super Bowl News and Notes
- Defense Wins Super Bowls
- Comparing Super Bowl Six Seeds
Top 10 bars in Phoenix and Scottsdale for Super Bowl 2015 have 289 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 30, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.