WASHINGTON,DC: In December, President Obama said that he wished to see Iran ultimately become a “very successful regional power.” His wish—a nightmare for the Western-oriented Arab states—is becoming a reality. Consider: Gulf of Aden: Iran sends a flotilla of warships and weapons-carrying freighters to reinforce the rebels in Yemen—a noncontiguous, non-Persian, nonthreatening (to Iran) Arabian state—asserting its new status as regional bully and arbiter. The Obama administration sends an aircraft carrier group, apparently to prevent this gross breach of the U.N. weapons embargo on Yemen. Instead, the administration announces that it has no intention of doing anything. Meanwhile, it exerts pressure on Saudi Arabia to halt its air war over Yemen and agree to negotiate a political settlement involving Iran. Russia: After a five-year suspension, Russia announces the sale of advanced surface-to-air missiles to Iran, which will render its nuclear facilities nearly invulnerable to attack. Obama’s reaction? Criticism, threats, sanctions? No. A pat on the back for Vladimir Putin: “I’m, frankly, surprised that [the embargo]held this long.” Iran: Last week, Obama pre-emptively caved on the long-standing U.S. condition that there be no immediate sanctions relief in any Iranian nuclear deal. He casually dismissed this red line, declaring that what is… Read full this story
- Is it time for Biden to demonstrate force with Iran?
- Mike Pompeo: ‘We Defended Israel’, Brought Iran ‘to Its Knees’ — Biden Reversing ‘Historic Progress’
- Trump asks Supreme Court to keep records from House Jan. 6 committee
- The best U.S. presidents of all time, according to experts
- Face the Nation transcripts January 17, 2016: Clinton, Sanders, Rubio, Kasich
- What is an October Surprise? Trump's COVID revelation comes 31 days before election
- Face the Nation transcripts May 8, 2016: Clinton
- Lawmakers, Experts Say Texas Power Grid Vulnerable To Nuclear EMP Attack
- Face the Nation transcripts March 27, 2016: Kerry, Miller, McCaul
- Trump Asks Supreme Court to Block Release of Jan. 6 Records
Obama’s Nixon doctrine: Anointing Iran have 309 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 25, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.