We saw the future of Office on Thursday night. App by app, Microsoft is busy building its vision of “Office Everywhere” — universal apps that can scale to fill the available display space of a device.It’s a major transition for Microsoft, and one that you wouldn’t expect to negotiate without a few bumps. “We’ve literally transformed Office from a world of desktop apps — which everybody knew well — to a set of apps across different form factors that people can use regardless of what they’re doing and where they are,” explained Jared Spataro, who’s overseeing the individual Office app experiences.It started a year ago, when Microsoft launched Office for iPad, free apps artfully constructed for the demands of the tablet. Fast-forward a year: We have Office for the iPhone and Android tablets — and at the end of April, Windows 10 phones.We played with what is being called the touch-friendly, “Universal Office” tablet apps (also known as Office for Windows 10) and the “desktop” version of Office 2016 running on a Surface Pro 3. The Windows phone apps were a no-show, unfortunately. Microsoft executives promised us a consumer preview of Office 2016 “very soon.”But while each app is impressively sturdy, it’s… Read full this story
- Microsoft's Big Ideas Are Awesome, But When Does Reality Catch Up With the Tech?
- Microsoft Gives Productivity a New Focus With AI Features
- Look! 7 Cool Things You Can See and Do With the Microsoft HoloLens
- Microsoft Build Focuses on the "Intelligent Cloud" and "Intelligent Edge"
- Windows 8, the post-PC world, and Linux: Microsoft will prevail
- What Three Big EdTech Investments Say About The Future Of Education
- Killing Microsoft’s Courier: the right decision, but not the right reasons
- A Brief History of Tomorrow's High-Tech Living Room
- The Best Business VoIP Providers for 2019
- Business Choice Awards 2019: Smartphones, Carriers, and Mobile Operating Systems
The future of Office: Here are the 5 things Microsoft must improve have 301 words, post on www.infoworld.com at April 17, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.