The appeal of trains: Rhythm. Racket. Clatter. Squeal. Sway. Jolt. Hiss. Bellow. Thrum. Gleam. Glint. Grime. Rust. Musk. Power. Precision. Toil. Stoicism. Blue-collar heroes. Uncomplaining beasts of burden. Giant steampunk millipedes. Countryside cleavers. Smoke wreathers. J. M. W. Turners. Midnight diadems. Tortured troglodytes. Reminders of a vanished world. Childhood’s branchline. Life’s express. Speed. Anticipation. Departure. Arrival. Exoticism. Mundanity. Predictability. Personality. Possibility. Peace. Pace. Onwards. Onwards. The appeal of Trainz: A New Era:If Trainz: A New Era was a British train service I’m pretty sure users would be eligible for a partial refund. The latest instalment of this fourteen-year-old rail simulator franchise introduces some promising kinetic and aesthetic advances, but serious performance problems and a slim and lumpy selection of default content renders much of the progress moot.Switching from Dovetail’s TS2015 to N3V’s TANE at the moment, is a bit like trading a fleet Class 55 for a fagged-out Class 08. In surroundings where I’d expect 40-50 frames a second in TS I’m often lucky to get ten in TANE. Savaging view distance, shadow sophistication, and vegetation detail does help a little, but leaves the newcomer looking a lot like Trainz: The Old Era. If next Monday’s patch fails to deliver the… Read full this story
- Sheridan Smith's pals fear for her state of mind and urge troubled star to 'get some help'
- Will Sheridan Smith quit her theatre show? Company confirm she is having 'difficult time'
- The Crown's Emma Corrin cuts a casual figure as she steps out for dog walk... after making her series four debut as Princess Diana
- Move over St. Paul: Napoli stadium to be named for Maradona
- How the Nuremberg trials found names for the Nazis' crimes
- German Police Use Water Cannon to Disperse Anti-Lockdown Protest
- Berlin police forcefully disperse protest over Covid-19 restrictions
- Covid-19: Berlin police forcefully disperse protest over Germany's virus rules
- Hilary Mantel: 'Being a novelist is no fun. But fun isn’t high on my list'
- Valorant character guide: All agents and abilities explained
The Flare Path: Trainz And Tigerz have 332 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 29, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.