When we look at the vast expanse of stars in the night sky, we can’t help but wonder what else is out there. Not just at the gas giants, rocky worlds, comets, asteroids, moons, and homeless planets strewn throughout our galaxy and all the galaxies beyond our own, but about what life — what possibilities — exist beyond our home world. Illustration credit: NASA. Very recently, a most unusual star — KIC 8462852 — had its light-curve data released by Kepler team, containing a series of unusually large, and inconsistent, drops in brightness around the star, fueling speculation that perhaps it’s an alien-created megastructure causing that signal. But is that a legitimately probable possibility, or does it say more about us, as humans, than it does about the star system in question? Brian Koberlein tackles this issue over at Starts With A Bang on Medium!
- Digging Into It: Scientists Hunting for Alien Life Set Their Sights on Martian Depths
- Venus scientists “just trying to hold on” after new NASA rejections
- Ethics Office Just Discovered How Shady Washington Is
- A new Rembrandt was just discovered. So what?
- Scientists have discovered the key to reaching your goals: Don’t keep your eyes on the prize
- Alien hunters are searching for signatures emitted from ‘interstellar beacons’ setup by an advanced civilization using a system that stems from the Very Large Array Telescope in New Mexico
- Hope for the fight against superbugs? Scientists discover 'one of the most powerful antibiotics' that kills infections resistant to ALL other drugs
- 'Superhubble' could discover 1,400 new planets: NASA telescope due to launch by 2025 can better spot worlds outside our solar system thanks to a quirk of physics discovered by Einstein
- Scientists theorize that space aliens may already be here, but we don’t recognize them
- Repeating Fast Radio Burst Signals May Have Alien Origin After All, Harvard Astronomer Says
Have Scientists Just Discovered The First Alien Civilization? (Synopsis) have 312 words, post on scienceblogs.com at October 21, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.