LOS ANGELES — On a celebratory trip to Las Vegas last month, Justin Bieber demanded a round of applause from his entourage. His breezy new single, "What Do You Mean?," had just made its debut atop the Billboard chart, giving him the first No. 1 song of his career. But the ovation wasn't for himself — it was for a 36-year-old songwriter known as Poo Bear, Mr. Bieber's primary musical collaborator for the last two years. "I don't even like attention like that — it's not my thing," a soft-spoken Poo Bear (born Jason Boyd) recalled with insuppressible excitement the following week. Still, the gratitude didn't hurt after almost two decades of quietly writing hits for R&B acts like 112, Usher, Chris Brown and Kelly Rowland. "I'm just used to working harder than everybody and other people taking the credit," Poo Bear said at his preferred studio in North Hollywood, in the first extensive interview of his career. "Justin is the first person — literally — to bring my name up and say we did this album together. "I feel like he appreciates me," Poo Bear continued. "And I never really felt appreciated before." Mr. Bieber, 21, has reason to… Read full this story
- No second chances! Police will fine people the FIRST time they are caught not wearing a mask in shops or on public transport, or for leaving their home without a reason
- Who has made the NFL playoffs? Breaking down the final 14 teams...
- 'Keep them at home': Headteacher in Berkshire tells parents not to send their children to school amid soaring Covid cases as more councils look set to defy orders to open primaries despite assurances from Boris Johnson
- Pelosi Says House Prepared to Impeach Trump Again: Live Updates
- After Months of Lies and an Insurrection, Trump Finally Concedes: Live Updates
- Congress Affirms Biden’s Victory, Trump Admits Defeat: Live Updates
- Pelosi Threatens Impeachment If Trump Does Not Exit ‘Immediately’: Live Updates
- Pelosi Prepares to Impeach Again: Live Updates
- Is full Lockdown Mk 3 coming? Keir Starmer demands new national squeeze within 24 hours to stop 'out of control' mutant Covid as Boris Johnson says rules are 'probably about to get tougher'
- Capitol Riot Aftermath Continues : Live Updates
Poo Bear, Speaking Softly and Carrying a Bieber Comeback have 378 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 15, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.