The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Cheap Trick , Chicago , Deep Purple , N.W.A and Steve Miller will all join the class of 2016. They will be inducted April 8th during a ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center, with tickets on sale to the public in February. HBO will broadcast the show in the spring. Artists are allowed to enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album or single, though this year, nearly every act has been eligible for some time. N.W.A, who made their fourth appearance on the ballot this year, is the only group to form after the 1970s. "This means that the group's mark is solidified," Ice Cube tells Rolling Stone . "We got some of the most creative, talented people in N.W.A that's ever been compiled in one group. It's just exciting that the group as a whole gets recognized by the whole industry as Hall of Fame-worthy." ( Read Ice Cube's full Q&A .) "When we started N.W.A, I couldn't have imagined this," Dr. Dre adds. "I never thought the type of music we were making would receive such a… Read full this story
- China's love for the NBA runs deep. But the Rockets scandal is forcing fans to choose between sport and country
- Analysis: China's love for the NBA runs deep. But the Rockets scandal is forcing fans to choose between sport and country
- China's love for NBA runs deep. But fans must choose between sport and country
- Def Leppard at the Metro Radio Arena: 'A rock show for the ages'
- ’70s rocker Steve Miller is no softer in his 70s
- Live coverage as the Nottinghamshire Rich List for 2018 is revealed
- Def Leppard to whip up Hysteria in Newcastle
- U2 are absorbed by their own spectacle at the O2 Arena in London
- Prince is getting a Mamma Mia style musical movie inspired by his songs
- Four Seasons’ greatest hits set to be performed at Weston’s Playhouse
N.W.A, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick Chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame have 354 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 17, 2015. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.