JOHN DICKERSON, HOST: Today on FACE THE NATION: It’s Donald Trump’s party now. The Republican nominee is set. Hillary Clinton has more work to do, but the battle has begun. We caught up with the Democratic front-runner on the campaign trail in California and asked about her likely campaign against Donald Trump. (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON: I’m not going to run an ugly race. I’m going to run a race based on issues. I don’t really feel like I’m running against Donald Trump. (END VIDEO CLIP) DICKERSON: Donald Trump has a different view. He’s already launching attacks on both Clintons. (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) DONALD TRUMP (R), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: She’s married to a man who was the worse abuser of women in the history of politics. And Hillary was an enabler and she treated these women horribly. And some of those women were destroyed not by him, but by the way that Hillary Clinton treated them after everything went down. (END VIDEO CLIP) DICKERSON: Is that the road to success? We will talk to our political panel about the general election landscape six months out. Then, can Trump unite the Republican Party behind him, or do Republicans have to… Read full this story
- Speaker Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry
- What's next now that Pelosi has launched impeachment inquiry
- Here’s what happens now with the impeachment inquiry
- Veterans of Clinton’s impeachment urge caution on Trump case
- Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry on Trump
- 8 takeaways from the Trump-Ukraine scandal
- Buttigieg accuses Trump supporters as being racist
- Trump vs. Pelosi, Democrats: What is an impeachment inquiry?
- Unbowed, Trump sees fight as ‘a positive for me’
- Trump says impeachment drive is a plus, yet tweets with fury
Face the Nation transcripts May 8, 2016: Clinton have 289 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 8, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.