The sale of Minecraft to Microsoft felt impossible, right up until the day it happened. But there was no cataclysmic change apparent afterwards. In fact, all the faces remained the same: it was Mojang’s Searge pushing out patch notes, week in, week out; Mojang’s Owen announcing Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition a year ago; Mojang’s Jeb still wearing the lead designer’s fedora Notch had first passed to him half a decade ago. Used to making it through the night with your inventory intact? Graduate to zombie games. At this year’s Xbox E3 conference, it was Mojang’s Lydia, the toothily-smiling face of Minecon, who strolled onstage to the familiar muted piano tones of C418’s soundtrack. Though she spoke like a good corporate citizen about the “power of Xbox Live”, the goofy heart of Minecraft, it seemed, remained in Sweden. How strange it was, then, to sit down for a private Minecraft presentation a couple of days later and find myself surrounded by Americans. This was, it turned out, the Redmond team behind Minecraft’s beta Windows 10 Edition – an enhanced take on the mobile version that finds Notch’s Java codebase wholly rewritten in C++. What does a new codebase mean? Apart from anything… Read full this story
- I Installed Windows 10 and Now I'm Talking to My Computer
- Competition concern over Microsoft’s decision to use Google web technology
- Microsoft’s Class Action
- Applying Aspen Skiing, Tenth Circuit Finds Microsoft Not Liable For Terminating Dealings with a Competitor
- European Commission Probes Microsoft Again: Failure to Comply With Commitments Will Not be Tolerated
- EU Slams Microsoft: Record $1.35B Fine
- How lawyers can dig themselves out of debt and plan for a future (podcast with transcript)
- The Top 10 in Tech
- Energy and Environment Weekly Update - Week of June 10, 2013
- Evolving FCPA Enforcement Strategy – U.S. Regulators Are Talking; Are You Listening?
Redstone in Redmond: Microsoft talk the future of Minecraft modding on Windows 10 have 305 words, post on www.pcgamesn.com at June 29, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.