1. Travel through time in Trinity CollegeThe Book of Kells wows, but every Dubliner knows the crown jewel in Trinity College is its Old Library — an 18th-century, oak-shelved long room that could have apparated straight from the pages of Harry Potter. A rare copy of the 1916 Proclamation and a 15th century harp that inspired the emblem of Ireland are just the start of its treasures. Afterwards, leap forward a few centuries to the Science Gallery, an art-meets-science space, the exhibitions of which are guaranteed to bend your brain (and the coffee is pretty good, too) — PÓC If you like that, try this: St Patrick’s Cathedral — the big interior is brilliantly counterpointed by smaller discoveries, like Dean Swift’s death mask. Details: tcd.ie (€11/€9); dublin.sciencegallery.com (free) 2. Feel the chill at Kilmainham Haunted by the ghosts of our past, Kilmainham Gaol will always be associated with the 1916 executions. But there are over a hundred years of history in this, one of the largest unoccupied jails in Europe — and the tales of thousands of prisoners to be told. Life in the prison was brutal, as you can imagine, but the tour is brilliant, and it double-jobs as… Read full this story
- The Canadian Bucket List: 30 things to do in Canada before you die!
- Terminally ill father from Soham plans to tick everything off his bucket list while he has the time
- Call yourself a Texan? Make sure these spots are on your Texas travel bucket list
- They’ve Still Got Bucket Lists — In Their 90s
- Ill-stricken honorary police dog with 'puppy bucket list' in need of financial aid
- FlightNetwork: Your 2018 travel bucket list destinations
- Bucket list: 25 top things to do in Milwaukee
- Playing the Ocean Course: Bucket list round of golf can cost a bucket of money
- Woman killed teen so she could tick murder off bucket list
- ‘Always on my bucket list:’ Going to Plains, Sunday school with Jimmy Carter
The Dublin Bucket List: 30 things to do in the city before you die have 314 words, post on www.independent.ie at September 4, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.