Before the bracing torrent of anecdotes and stories issues forth—from an early love of paisley to getting bullied to meeting Cher; from coming out to heady fame to Botox and plastic surgery; all of this delivered lightning-fast and filled with gossipy charm and witty one-liners—Carson Kressley observed some mints and a bottle of still water in front of him. “Life Savers and water! I’ll have fresh breath and be hydrated,” he said brightly. Kressley, most famous as the most flamboyant and “sassy”—as he calls it—member of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy’s “Fab Five,” is sitting in the ninth-floor canteen of IAC, the company that owns The Daily Beast, the Hudson River sparkling in the sun below us to one side, and the skyscrapers of Midtown Manhattan looming out of other windows. Kressley’s new, breezy advice book, Does This Book Make My Butt Look Big?, sat on the table between us, a style guide for “the normal American woman,” with his camp, chatty advice distilled down into handy lists and punchy slices of text such as “What Matches My Margarita?” and “Why Buy When You Can Rent?” (clothes), how to clear out your closet, and other “quick fixes to make… Read full this story
- SAG Awards: How Hollywood Reacted to Donald Trump's Immigration Ban
- Don King Is a Self-Made American Villain. Donald Trump Is Just a Rich Man’s Son.
- Trump says China made a 'horrible mistake' and tried to cover-up coronavirus outbreak, hours after Mike Pompeo claimed there was 'enormous evidence' that COVID-19 escaped a Wuhan lab
- Biden Helped Make LGBT History—Will That Be Enough?
- I used to run White House press briefings. Here's how journalists should handle Trump.
- ‘Pose’ Star Ryan Jamaal Swain on Abuse, Fame, LGBT History, and Defining as ‘Queer’
- Feud by Alabama Democrats threatens Doug Jones's reelection
- The GOP Clown Car Rolls On
- Love Lives In Whitefish, Montana, But So Do Neo-Nazis
- Timeline shows media, Dems' different approach to Tara Reade accusation after Kavanaugh free-for-all
Carson Kressley on Bullying, Coming Out, Botox, the LGBT Legacy of ‘Queer Eye,’ and Knowing Donald Trump have 333 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at October 13, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.