Indonesia climbed to second place in the Global Muslim Travel Index (GMTI) 2018, from third place in the previous year. Tourism Ministry halal tourism acceleration and development team head Riyanto Sofyan said Indonesia was serious in developing halal tourist destinations, among others, though the organizations of halal tourism competitors involved a number of regions. “With such competition, Indonesia has won several international awards,” said Riyanto in a statement received by The Jakarta Post on Friday. Among the awards are the World’s Best Halal Tourism Destination and the World’s Best Halal Honeymoon Destination for Lombok in West Nusa Tenggara; the World’s Best Halal Destination for West Sumatra; the World’s Best Halal Culinary Destination for Padang in West Sumatra; and the World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination for Aceh. The GMTI, which was introduced by CrescentRating in cooperation with MasterCard, evaluates and ranks countries based on how well they cater to Muslim travelers. This year, Indonesia has the same rank as the United Arab Emirates in second place, while Malaysia is on the top list and Turkey achieved third place. Riyanto said Indonesia aimed at attracting 3.8 million Muslim visitors in 2018 and 5 million in 2019. “Our team will hold a series… Read full this story
- 2018’s Record Box Office: Highlights From The Overseas Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2019 – Global Studio Chart
- Explained: Why is Indonesia prone to plane crashes?
- Top 10 issues that defined the global economy in 2020
- The only travel calendar you will need in 2018
- Best travel credit cards for January 2021
- Japan would have world's 'most powerful passport' if not for travel restrictions, report finds
- Covid-19 updates: US reports first case of new variant, Indonesia bans entry of foreigners
- Businessman accused of trying to rip off a Muslim woman's HIJAB on Tube has assault case thrown out after she and her two friends gave conflicting stories, court papers show
- 50 Ways Air Travel Has Changed Over the Last 100 Years
- Higher Education witnesses tech-adoption, innovation and global collaborations: Gunjan M Sanjeev
Indonesia climbs to 2nd place in Global Muslim Travel Index 2018 have 325 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 31, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.