The first item of this media column is absent a familiar voice:Mine.Hold your applause, please.Instead, I’ve empaneled 12 college students from around the country who are currently working as sports editors for a college publication.The panel agreed to answer a series of questions including whether athletic officials and athletes are forthcoming with them; how they consume and watch sports news; whether they have been threatened with credential pulling, and much more. Below is Part 1 of the panel. Part 2 will run on Monday on SI.com. The panel:• Danielle Allentuck, sophomore, Ithaca College. She is the sports editor of The Ithacan and is studying journalism and sports studies.• Malika Andrews, senior, University of Portland. Andrews is the editor-in-chief of The Beacon and a former sports editor of that publication. (Column note: Andrews is not currently a sports editor but has extensive sports editing experience on her campus, so we wanted her in.) She is an organizational communication major.• Betelhem Ashame, junior, University at Michigan. She is a sports editor for The Michigan Daily and a double major in screen arts and cultures and communication studies.• Courtney Baumann, junior, University of Iowa. She is the assistant sports editor for The Daily… Read full this story
- Signs ominous and hopeful as college sports hangs in balance
- Top US college sports leagues halt autumn season
- COVID Threatens Small Colleges, Small Towns
- Who is at risk if college football is played this fall?
- The Latest: Big East opts not to play fall sports
- Trump calls for college football season to go forward
- As college leaders meet, football players push to play
- College football in the spring: When? How much? Who plays?
- ‘If They Want To Do This, They Need To Do It Now’: Sports Law Professor Alica Jessop On College Football Players Union Push
- Oxford University students will have to wear face masks in all lectures and seminars from September
Student journalists discuss their experiences covering college sports have 312 words, post on www.foxsports.com at December 11, 2016. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.