For months Obama resisted attempts led by Republicans and some Democrats to open an agreement with Iran to congressional approval. On April 14 he backed down in the face of mounting bipartisan support for the bill, which gives Congress at least 30 days to review a final deal during which time Obama would be unable to waive or suspend many US sanctions. Negotiators for Iran and six major powers are trying to ensure Iran does not acquire an atomic bomb by securing an agreement by June 30 under which Iran would curb its nuclear program in exchange for relief from international sanctions. “If I were an Iranian negotiator, I would walk into that room and say ‘you told us all along you were going to stop legislation,'” said Richard Nephew, a former US negotiator withIran now at Columbia University. “‘How can you guarantee us that we’re not going to have this problem when we bring the deal forth?'” “Will it be fatal? No,” he added. “It’s going to make things a lot harder, a lot more complicated, a lot more difficult for the (US) negotiating side.” While it is largely a US-Iranian affair, the talks also include Britain, China, France,… Read full this story
- What is the Iran deal and why does Trump want to scrap it?
- Congress Will Make Credit Freezes Free for All in Belated Response to Equifax Breach
- Thursday briefing: Ready to make a deal – but DUP deals the cards
- Iran nuclear deal reached in Vienna
- I'm not a Russian asset! Tulsi Gabbard makes bizarre boast during 2020 debate as she accuses U.S. of trying to fight 'regime change wars' in the Middle East
- Sturgeon immediately rejects Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal without reading full document
- Green New Deal Voted Down in Senate After Some Real Bullshit
- GM, U.S. auto workers’ union reach tentative deal that may end strike
- General Motors and its workers union reach a tentative deal to end a month-long strike and bring 49,000 employees back to work and reopen 33 manufacturing plants in nine states
- Creating a Truly Unique Money Making Asset - The Art of Personal Branding
Congress vote makes Iran deal harder, not impossible have 349 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.