A bourbon dinner that pairs Rabbit Hole Distillery whiskeys with a globally inspired and locally sourced menu from Harvest, 624 E Market St., will benefit the Kentucky Refugee Ministries.The menu, from chef Patrick Roney, begins with Kentucky Lake catfish, Louismill white grits and red eye gravy. Rivercrest Farm chicken liver tartine with candied pecans and curried onion chutney follows. Up next is baharat crusted Black Hawk Farms N.Y. Strip with mushroom, Tuscan kale and rye berry tabbouleh. For dessert, look for spiced apple yogurt pot de creme and almond and cardamom biscotti.Rabbit Hole founder and CEO Kaveh Zamanian, and marketing director Michael Motamedi - a former “Master Chef” finalist - will host the dinner Monday, Feb. Feb. 27, with Motamedi sharing tips on how to pair bourbon and food.Rabbit Hole’s distillery is currently under construction downtown near Harvest and is expected to open late this year or early 2018. They’re bringing a creative, innovative approach to bourbon, Zamanian says, featuring a high percentage of malted grains. They’re also putting the whiskey in the barrel at a lower proof, he says. With their four-grain bourbon – 70 percent corn, and 10 percent each malted wheat, malted barley and honey malted barley – “We’re trying to do something a little bit out of the box,”… Read full this story
- How Australians may choose a simpler life of camping holidays, dinner parties and even drive-in movies post COVID-19 - and why the outer suburbs may become fashionable again
- ‘The Speed Cubers’ on Netflix unlocks a hidden world (and your tear ducts)
- Belzan, Liverpool: 'A rare feat – relaxed as hell, but a bit challenging, too’ – restaurant review
- The 40 best movies on Disney+ right now
- How Harry and Meghan considered ambushing the Queen: Couple's plan to dash from airport for showdown with the Queen, 94, immediately after landing in UK from Canada is revealed in new book
- Just one side of the story? Royal expert says it's clear Finding Freedom authors have spoken to people 'close' to Harry and Meghan as couple deny involvement in book that airs their grievances - and 'backs up what's already been said'
- 'Storm Area 51' raid brings alien 'community of believers' to Nevada desert
- A Plague Is an Apocalypse. But It Can Bring a New World.
- Destination Kohler Introduces The Baths of Blackwolf Run
- Gaudy and tacky homes belonging to Italian mafia family are demolished in Rome, as Italian government minister declares: ‘We’re going to knock down every last villa belonging to these damn people’
Rabbit Hole Distilling, Harvest hosting 'globally inspired' bourbon dinner have 411 words, post on www.usatoday.com at February 16, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.