De La Salle University women’s football team head coach Hans Smit said complacency will be their biggest enemy when actions resume in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines women’s football tournament next week. That’s why they work on their fitness level during the Lenten break as the Lady Archers eye for the sweep of the elimination round to gain the outright finals berth. “We continued with our training and the number one concern will be the fitness of the players. We should never rest on our laurels before anything happens,” said Smit whose team is leading the competition with six wins in as many games for 18 points. “We have to work even more that is why I gave the other players a chance to come in because you’ll never know when I will be needing them,” he added. La Salle will play against defending champion University of the Philippines in the opener at 2 p.m. when the tournament resumes on Wednesday. Far Eastern University (FEU) and University of Santo Tomas will clash at 4 p.m. in the final game of the elimination at the FEU field in Quezon City.
- Bob Ladouceur makes it official, resigns as De La Salle head football coach
- No. 12 De La Salle hangs on to beat gritty Bishop Gorman
- How to Watch: No. 12 De La Salle vs. Monte Vista
- MitchMash: De La Salle coach Bob Ladouceur leaves notice of authenticy
- Pierre-Louis’ double-double leads Temple past La Salle 75-67
- Emma Roberts opts for a risqué look as she goes braless in sexy black top with flared jeans for low-key LA dinner
- How La Liga clubs are working to put an end to injuries in football
- How La Liga clubs are trying to put an end to injuries in football
- Jennifer Lopez is an ageless beauty as she goes make-up free on her way to a workout in LA
- Pac-12 Tournament could be a wild ride in Las Vegas
Fitness will be key as La Salle goes for sweep have 318 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at April 16, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.