President Trump says he has made up his mind about whether the U.S. will honor the Iran nuclear deal — but he’s keeping his decision to himself. “I have decided,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday during his third day of meetings at the United Nations. But Trump did not give any indication of what his decision is, or when he will reveal it. He simply said, “I’ll let you know.” Meanwhile, Vice President Pence doubled down on Trump’s denouncement of the deal, telling the U.N. Security Council that Iran is “brazenly threatening the security of sovereign nations.” Trump is expected to announce his decision this week during a series of UN discussions, where the Iran deal has been one of the most contentious issues at play. Trump has made a habit of teasing decisions on major policy issues — such as tax reform and Middle East war strategies — but letting months pass without any details or decisions. But under the terms of this deal, which curbed sanctions on Iran if it agreed to tame its nuclear capabilities, Trump must decide by Oct. 15 whether the U.S. will continue to honor the agreement. Trump as a candidate and President has been unwavering… Read full this story
- Iran Nuclear Deal: Zarif Reveals Why Tehran Should Not 'Show Goodwill Gesture First'
- 'We Are a Long Way' From Reviving Iran Nuclear Deal, US State Dept Says
- Moscow, Tehran Interested in Full Restoration of Iran Nuclear Deal, Russian Foreign Minister Says
- Russia Seeks Quick US Return to Iran Nuclear Deal to Avoid Middle East Chaos
- China, Russia Demand 'Unconditional' U.S. Return to Iran Nuclear Deal
- Joe Biden Must Rejoin Iran Nuclear Deal To Avoid 'Unacceptable' War, Former Officials Say
- Biden administration likely going back to 'good old days' of Iran nuclear deal: McFarland
- Israeli Army Chief Slams Iran Nuclear Deal as Operationally, Strategically Unacceptable
- Nuclear Deal Hangs in Balance as Iran Intensifies Uranium Enrichment
- White House Says ‘Up to Iran’ to Revive Nuclear Deal
President Trump says he has made decision about Iran nuclear deal but doesn’t announce it have 324 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 20, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.