SOUTH Korea’s navy has conducted ANOTHER live-fire exercise as Seoul continues its displays of military capability following North Korea’s latest nuclear test.Military chiefs also warned Kim Jong-un that they will “bury” North Korea should the increasingly provocative dictator dare launch an attack.Today Seoul’s warships – including a 2,500-ton frigate, a 1000-ton patrol ship and 400-ton guided-missile vessels – participated in drills aimed at retaliating against potential North Korean provocations.Captain Choi Young-chan, commander of the 13th Maritime Battle Group, said: “The training this time is aimed at improving our military’s immediate response posture against the enemy’s naval provocation,” Yonhap news reported.”If the enemy provokes anywhere, whether on or under water, we will immediately hit back and bury them at sea.”Seoul says more naval drills are planned from Wednesday to Saturday in the country’s southern seas.It comes around 24 hours after the South’s army and air force conducted a joint drill involving F-15 fighter jets and land-based ballistic missiles that simulated an attack on North Korea’s nuclear test site to “strongly warn” Pyongyang over its sixth and most powerful nuclear test to date.This, in turn, provoked a fiery response from Pyongyang, which accused the South of being “scabby sheep” and “puppets” for Donald… Read full this story
- Policy shift anticipated as Kim Jong Un rides white horse on sacred mountain
- Kim Jong Un Is Showing Us That Trump Is the Real Crazy Man
- Does Anyone Really Trust Trump to Handle the North Korea Nuclear Crisis? [UPDATED]
- North Korea Decides Against Starting World War III, At Least Today
- Trump Threatens North Korea With 'Fire and Fury' Like It's No Big Deal
- Bolton Reminds Kim of Missile Pledge After NKorea Warns of 'New Road'
- Good and Bad News in N. Korea's Latest Nuke Offer: AP Analysis
- Window for negotiated North Korean denuclearization closing
- N. Korea: Talks with Pompeo were ‘regrettable’
- The Latest: Trump, Kim strike positive tone for 2nd summit
South Korea warns it will ‘bury’ the North if Kim Jong-un dares attack as army chiefs launch ANOTHER round of live-fire exercises have 321 words, post on www.thesun.ie at September 5, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.