For the president and many uniformed people around the country, Chicago has become the poster child for gun violence in America. But being based here, The A.V. Club knows the city’s darkness is outshone by its people, culture, and the brilliant artists to come out of the city. One of those artists is Vic Mensa, who’s riding a wave of success after releasing his first full-length studio album, The Autobiography, earlier this year. In the video above, Vic offers insight on what he thinks outsiders should understand about the City Of Big Shoulders.
More from The A.V. Club
- Chicago Was Founded by Blackness—and We're Still Its Foundation
- Smart Shoppers Find Chicago Event Tickets Online
- 60-somethings Andy Reid, Vic Fangio have never crossed coaching paths
- Striking teachers hit the picket lines across Chicago
- Striking Chicago teachers picket as contract talks gear up
- 'We're not fighting for paychecks and health care': Chicago teachers say strike is about kids
- Chicago Once Again Tops List of Rattiest Cities in US
- Chicago teachers strike cancels classes for more than 300,000 students
- Where's the Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches?
- Getting Geared Up For Another Exciting Hockey Season With Chicago Blackhawks Tickets