For the president and many uniformed people around the country, Chicago has become the poster child for gun violence in America. But being based here, The A.V. Club knows the city’s darkness is outshone by its people, culture, and the brilliant artists to come out of the city. One of those artists is Vic Mensa, who’s riding a wave of success after releasing his first full-length studio album, The Autobiography, earlier this year. In the video above, Vic offers insight on what he thinks outsiders should understand about the City Of Big Shoulders.
More from The A.V. Club
- 5 relaxing campground getaways outside of Chicago
- Houston’s “Bean” Sculpture Looks a Lot Like Chicago’s, and Everyone Feels Weird About It
- These are Chicago's essential Mexican restaurants
- In Roquan Smith, Bears draft a Mitch Trubisky for Vic Fangio's defense
- Chicago DH Matt Davidson makes history, beats Royals in extra innings
- Hub Arkush: After scoring big early, Chicago Bears close draft with head-scratching Day 3
- Arkush: Does Chicago Bears' talent match the buzz around it?
- Shooting Stars: Vic Reeves wants to be remembered for THIS not BBC panel
- Chicago Bears had sights set on Smith for a long time
- Where should we send our daughter to school in Chicago?