A new YouGov poll indicates that the UK market for content on demand film services may be reaching saturation point.The study, which spoke to 3,660 consumers, revealed that while 33% of the online population in the UK have used digital film services in the last three months – with the most popular services being LoveFilm (27%), Sky Movies (19%), Netflix (12%) and YouTube* (10%) – among those who have not used on-demand services, only 5% plan to start watching film on demand in the next 12 months.Around 83% said they are unlikely to access such services in the next 12 months.In that context, market researcher YouGov has suggested that instead of looking for new audiences to generate growth and revenue, online film services “should shift strategies and look to maximise what they get from existing customers”.Shaun Austin, associate director for media consulting at YouGov, said: “Among converts there is clearly a huge appetite for content on-demand film services in the UK. However, those who don’t currently access content have a limited interest in doing so in the future.“Therefore, the focus for digital content providers needs to be on working out ways to get the most out of the existing current… Read full this story
- Organic meat and milk could offer health benefits, study suggests
- Transgender People With Gender Dysphoria Could Have 'Rare' Gene Variants, Study Suggests
- Women in Australian film: 'Change is not happening quickly enough'
- BBC Licence Fee Could Be Scrapped, UK Culture Minister Hints
- PM Johnson’s Vow to 'Level Up' UK Economy Will Take More Than a Decade to Deliver, Think Tank Claims
- Keep your teen moving to reduce risk of depression, study says
- What is the UK's optimum population?
- Pervert hacked iCloud accounts for sexual photos and filmed children on secret cameras
- Online dating fraud victim numbers at record high
- Social media users 'copy' eating habits of friends: Study
Study suggests saturation point for online film services in UK have 299 words, post on www.screendaily.com at November 2, 2017. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.