0 Have your say Having exposed the level of harassment endured by women in all fields of work and life, the #MeToo campaign looks like the defining movement of 2017 and employers can’t ignore it. While initially allegations of harassment came from the entertainment industry, the personal accounts of individuals, shared on social media, demonstrated that sexual harassment appears prevalent throughout most industries. A BBC Radio 5 Live survey found that 53 per cent of women and 20 per cent of men had experienced sexual harassment at work. However, most said that they did not report the conduct. That is of concern in relation to the impact on the individuals; but employers are surely also being hit by consequent sickness absences, lack of productivity and attrition rates linked to such behaviour.Most employers have a grievance policy that refers to harassment. Some employers will have specific harassment or dignity at work policies. However, in order to properly address harassment, employers have to develop a culture of transparency and accountability: that means demonstrating that they are not just paying lip service to these issues. Instead, they must ensure that any issues are dealt with robustly and with sensitivity. Employers should consider introducing… Read full this story
- Mystery Shopping and Museums - A Solution to Financial Challenges and Customer Service Issues
- How State Law Defines the Ideal Employee-Employer Relationship
- Look For Good Customer Service
- Employment Law - Vicarious Liability - Harassment - Depression
- What About Employment?
- Before You Interview, Learn and Practice the "Zip a Lip" Theory
- Employment Predators
- Some Things to Know Before Negotiating Salary with a New Employer
- Ten Misunderstood But Critical Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Realities
- Hillary and Obama - Where Are The Issues
Amanda Jones: Employers must pay more than lip service to issue of harassment have 273 words, post on www.scotsman.com at January 15, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.