BITCOIN is the hot topic in the world of currency investment and is the world’s biggest cryptocurrency.Its meteoric rise in value over the last year has made hundreds of early investors extremely wealthy and now everyone wants a slice of the action – but what is it worth today?Bitcoin is worth £9947.57 ($13736.30 ) as of January 15, 2018 at 10:20am.The cryptocurrency has continued its dramatic slide since last Tuesday, when it was valued £11,632.00 ($15679.70).The fall was sparked by South Korea’s plan to ban cryptocurrency trading sending the market into a tailspin.Justice minister Park Sang-ki said the government was preparing a bill to ban trading of the virtual currency on domestic exchanges.He said: “There are great concerns regarding virtual currencies and justice ministry is basically preparing a bill to ban cryptocurrency trading through exchanges.”It comes just months after its price exceeded the value of an ounce of gold for the first time – then about £940.But investors are worried by the currency’s volatile nature and the market’s inability to cope with sudden shifts in demand.An eBay executive told Yahoo Finance the tech giant is “seriously considering” accepting bitcoin payments after its recent success.Although Scott Cutlor, senior vice president of eBay Americas said they’re… Read full this story
- Bitcoin tops $8,000 for first time since March amid halving hype
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 27
- Fact check: Trump peppers Fox News town hall with false claims on coronavirus and other topics
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Equities brush off oil price chaos
- FTSE 100 enjoys late rally climbing 2% up 108 points to 5,672 after oil prices steady as day closes marking the worst quarter for world stocks since 2008
- What credit score do you need to get the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard?
- Speculative bet or inflation hedge? Bitcoin in the coronavirus crisis
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 3
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 5
- 'Darknet' sellers tout face masks for bitcoin, researchers say
Bitcoin price – today’s exchange rate in GBP and USD and the latest news on the world’s leading cryptocurrency have 312 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 15, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.