California based Boss audio has showcased its shiny new LXA5 in-car infotainment system at the Consumer Electronics Show 2018. It is a double-DIN radio with a 6.2-inch touchscreen display, Bluetooth connectivity, and WiFi capability. Its claim to fame is that it is the first in-car infotainment device to integrate the Amazon Alexa service.Amazon Alexa is a cloud-based virtual assistant service, much like Apple’s Siri. It is popular amongst its users for an array of functions ranging from simple weather or news reports and e-commerce to controlling compatible hardware like lights, locks and entertainment systems. With the Alexa integration in a car’s infotainment system, the motorist can use all of Alexa’s services on the go. The system connects to the user’s smartphone via a WiFi hotspot to piggyback on the internet and allied services required for Alexa.BOSS Audio VP of Sales Doug Kern said, “Our customers will be able to access the tens of thousands of available Alexa’s voice skills. They will be able to control their Alexa-enabled smart home products while driving…” So drivers can adjust the heat at home by saying, “Alexa, turn the heat on at 72 degrees,” prior to arriving home. Or they can say, “Alexa, open… Read full this story
- The smartest thing at Amazon's event was the stupid clock on the Echo Dot
- Google Nest Mini vs. Amazon Echo Dot with Clock: Battle of the budget smart speakers
- Here Are All of the New Gadgets That Amazon Just Announced
- Alexa Ranking - Tips For Lowering Your Website's Alexa Ranking
- CA Guitars 5iM-CE Review
- Alexa, warn our guests that you're eavesdropping on them: Google chief says people should warn visitors of smart speakers in their homes
- Five Ways to Develop Integrity
- In-Vehicle Entertainment Systems Help End the Question, "Are We There Yet?"
- Get Your Kid a Sleep Training Clock, and Catch More Zzz's
- Drive-In Theaters Or Driving Theaters? Today's On-Board Vehicle Entertainment
CES 2018: Boss LXA5 is the first in-car infotainment with Amazon Alexa integration have 313 words, post on overdrive.in at January 8, 2018. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.